Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Management Agent. No vote.

Options
  • 16-01-2021 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Just found out we are getting a new management agent. No AGM was called this year because of COVID. So they new one was not voted in.

It looks like the directors made the decision themselves.

Is this allowed? I feel it’s jobs for friends.
    Our present management agent have been the best ones since I moved in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Just found out we are getting a new management agent. No AGM was called this year because of COVID. So they new one was not voted in.

It looks like the directors made the decision themselves.

Is this allowed? I feel it’s jobs for friends.

The directors are charged with making decisions affecting the running of the development in the best interests of all the owners. They do not need an AGM to authorise a change of agent.

However, it was still a legal requirement to hold an AGM in 2020, legislation was introduced to allow for these to be conducted online and the deadline was extended to 31 December.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

By moving in, I assume you bought the place, as opposed to renting it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

the_syco wrote: »
    By moving in, I assume you bought the place, as opposed to renting it?
    Thanks for the replies.
    Yes I bought it. There was no AGM last year. Even with the deadline extension. It’s frustrating that the directors can call the shots. Specially if it’s being given to your mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

Well, at the next AGM, ask them to explain it (and why they held no AGM last year). And if you are not satisfied their answers, vote to replace the directors. Volunteer yourself to go as director if needs be.

Advertisement