Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People putting finger too near your face when pointing

Options
  • 14-01-2021 11:37am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 165 ✭✭

Did it ever happen to you that someone needs to point at something, that either happens to be close to your head, or in your general direction, that they put their finger uncomfortably near to your face? I bloody hate this. It's horrible having to just stand/sit there as there is a finger hovering right in front of your eyes.

Of course, it can be hard to correct people sometimes. And even at that, depending on whether the person is your boss or whatever, it can be hard to know the best way to correct them? It's as if people are more inclined to do it when they know they can get away with it.

Has anyone here had recent experiences of this? The last time was my auntie on Christmas day. She was sitting beside me, and as she was talking to someone else, she began pointing at some bottle of wine on my opposite side... finger goes into my face. It's not like she has poor interpersonal skills or anything, so I do have to wonder if she's doing it deliberately. But we were at her place, and she had cooked, so for that reason it wouldn't have been easy to correct her.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭statto25

Did it ever happen to you that someone needs to point at something, that either happens to be close to your head, or in the general direction of you, that they put their finger uncomfortably near to your face? I bloody hate this. It's horrible having to just stand/sit there as there is a finger hovering right in front of your eyes.

Of course, it can be hard to correct people sometimes. And even at that, depending on whether the person is your boss or whatever, it can be hard to know the best way to correct them?

If they are able to have their finger in your face, they aint following the auld social distancing guidelines. Politely ask them to step back as you are following the 2m rule. If they dont, tell them back up to fcuk and dont point at you

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Did you sniff it....

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

If people are within slapping distance, slap them. Blame social distancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Bite it.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭COVID

Bite it.

Finger lickin' good.

• Advertisement

Elbow to the face

• Registered Users Posts: 12,730 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Elbow to the face

Typical punisher response. And correct

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

They’re only projecting. Bend it around and point it back at them and say there.......you’re it

/scuffle might ensue. At which point you should stick it up their bum

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

Did it ever happen to you that someone needs to point at something, that either happens to be close to your head, or in your general direction, that they put their finger uncomfortably near to your face? I bloody hate this. It's horrible having to just stand/sit there as there is a finger hovering right in front of your eyes.

Of course, it can be hard to correct people sometimes. And even at that, depending on whether the person is your boss or whatever, it can be hard to know the best way to correct them?

The solution is to hit them with a Magic Tiger Dragon Power First!

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Typical punisher response. And correct

Shotgun to said face!!!

That be a bit better...

• Advertisement
Advertisement