Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 8 Plus unlock

Options
  • 13-01-2021 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

hi I have an iPhone 8 Plus which my daughter has given me, its currently sim locked (eir has said It isn't and tried to tell me it was apple's job to unlock it .....) I have had 2 x long calls to eir and finally got an unlocking code, does anyone know where and how I enter the unlocking code? anytime I have unlocked a phone before (with Vodafone) you keyed in a series of characters on the keypad and then the code followed by the hash key. I've followed the apple instructions to do a restore from my Mac, I've done this with and without the new network SIM card but it doesn't work. Anyone any ideas please???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭djdunny

As per usual, Eir talking sh*te. Carrier lock is applied by the carrier. Also the lock is not removed using a code, the carrier should request it through their internal systems and is then unlocked on the Apple server. You (or your daughter)may receive confirmation once this has been processed. Once done you should be able to put a non Eir sim into the iPhone.

Advertisement