Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Underfloor Heating

Options
  • 13-01-2021 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm currently renovating a house and three of the four professionals we consulted said they didn't recommend underfloor heating as heat gets trapped in the house on a warm day and it's also less efficient than rads.

The fourth professional was very in favour of underfloor heating so I'm not too sure which advice to take, as I was previously in favour of it.

I'm just wondering if anyone on here has it and could give some insight. I will have a heat pump as the heating source for the house. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Likeshirt

Any thoughts on this?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

I'd go for underfloor if using a heat pump in a new build.
    For retrofit, it can be difficult to get enough insulation beneath it, but if it can be achieved the underfloor in that case.
    All assuming proper heat loss calculations done.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Advertisement