Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is NOCCHI 4D-F3 a proper drone?

Options
  • 13-01-2021 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi guys.

I’m very new to this hobby.

My passion is angling (fishing) but I love nature too.

I got a drone for €35 two years ago in SMYTH’S - that was an absolute joke.

My wife got me a NOCCHI 4D-F3 for Christmas. It is definitely much better than the SMYTH’S one I had. The picture quality is decent. It is relatively easy to use.

Any sign of rain, wind or severe cold and it goes haywire - I presume that’s pretty acceptable.

However, I flew it about 30 metres high the other day in very dry and calm conditions. After about two minutes it started flying around in circles and crash landed into the back garden of a row of houses across the road.

The people in the houses haven’t been very supportive with finding it for me. It’s still not found.

So it got me wondering what type of drone I’m dealing with here - can anyone educate me please?

Yours hopefully,
    John D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

It is a drone, just a cheap one.

Typically, if a cheap drone advertises lots of features which make it seem comparable to a more expensive (DJI) drone, those features will often fall short - camera quality and picture options, follow and auto modes, battery life, propeller noise, and signal range.

I can understand not wanting to spend 500 euro on a drone, so it does make sense to buy a cheap drone first or use a friends. But the more expensive drones are worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jd1278

I take it back about the people in the houses - today they were very supportive. I got the drone back.

Advertisement