Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awkward wall lamp to use as sconces, what to do

Options
  • 12-01-2021 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭

I have two lamps that are wall mounting lamps. They use a transformer to go 12v 2.5a. They also have a strange mounting. So there is a couple of issues. The current sconces are on a separate light circuit to the main ceiling light.
    1 can I get an electrician to put in one transformer to power both lights or do they need a separate transformer each?
    2. The mounting has two holes to connect to the wall but I am pretty sure the would go through the power cable in the wall if I did that.
    3. I am thinking of make a backing that would solve issue 2 but if I am doing that I might want to add lights to the new backing but would want a separate switch for those lights and maybe a different voltage. Am I safe to assume they used conduit for the wiring redone about 10 years ago.

Advertisement