Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not entitled to PUP?

Options
  • 12-01-2021 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

Stupid mistake, there was a letter for me at work, I didn't go in to pick it up, (now) I'm assuming it was about the PUP.

I applied online for it again myself, when they announced the 3rd lockdown. But got an email yesterday to say I am not entitled to it because of my DSP income support. Even though I have got it every other time previous.

The background is I was full time, COVID hit, applied and got PUP, when lockdown 1 was over I was made part time and managed to claim job seekers. Lockdown 2 got PUP again, no job seekers. Now lockdown 3, since we have been closed due to lockdown it seems my employer is paying me a wage, and I haven't been getting the job seekers. It's strange cause this obviously wasn't the case the other times and I don't see any reason why they would pay my wage this time around.

I'm embarrassed to get in contact with my employer when I never went in to pick up the letter, (even though it was another worker who contacted me saying there was a letter there for me) obviously if I knew it was about the PUP, I would have. Didn't want to be going in on my day off.

If I can't resolve this today or tomorrow I will of course get in contact with my employer, but to save me the embarrassment first I want to try sort it myself first. :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I think you have to just contact your employer and ask them to send the letter? They really should have sent it to your house.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭LilacNails

Any other thoughts by anyone..?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭Deeec

Why would social welfare send a letter addressed to you to your employers address?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

If your employer is paying you then you can't claim the pup

Exactly - you need to contact your employer and find out what the situation is. Also you need to collect the letter ( it is very unlikely to be from the department of social welfare unless you put down your employers address as your address).

• Advertisement

Deeec wrote: »
    Why would social welfare send a letter addressed to you to your employers address?

I didn't say that. I don't know what the letter is about, I'm assuming it was a PUP form.

I know that, I'm just confused that they would keep paying my wage

• Registered Users Posts: 25,765 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

LilacNails wrote: »
    I know that, I'm just confused that they would keep paying my wage

If they are doing it, it is because they are getting a subsidy from the government for wages. If this happens, you are not eligible for PUP.

Has any money been put into your bank account?

If they are doing it, it is because they are getting a subsidy from the government for wages. If this happens, you are not eligible for PUP.

Thank you. Yes I seem to have been, but not getting my job seekers. Seems to have stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Thank you. Yes I seem to have been, but not getting my job seekers. Seems to have stopped.

Whats the issue then?

• Advertisement

TheW1zard wrote: »
    Whats the issue then?

As already mentioned in my post, I was on the PUP the last 2 times.

The company didn't make a profit this year, and wont again the year, so this is the last thing I expected them to do. (Even afford to).

Is it possible there's a time limit for how long they would stay paying me?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Is it possible there's a time limit for how long they would stay paying me?

Your employer could be availing of the EWSS subsidy, that runs until March 31st.

You need to contact your employer and find out what is happening. If you're employer is still paying you than they may be availing of the EWSS. This is a scheme where the employer gets a refund from the government of part or full amount of your wages depending on your rate of pay. If your employer is paying you - you don't get PUP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

It seems like your employer is availing of EWSS and keeping you on their payroll. An employee does not need to be "working" for an employer to claim an EWSS payment.

You can't receive the PUP payment if any payment is made to you from your employer, be it €1 or €1000 per week.

EWSS runs until 31st March and this will likely be extended.

You can view your payroll submissions on Revenue.ie under myAccount from your employer and EWSS should be listed under other payments.

I've got no wage this week.

Even of my employer is paying me, am I still not entitled to my job seekers also? I'm on it because I was made go part time, but haven't been getting that since we have closed.

I've got no wage this week.

Even of my employer is paying me, am I still not entitled to my job seekers also? I'm on it because I was made go part time, but haven't been getting that since we have closed.

Yes, you can still receive your Jobseekers Benefit. Are you submitting casual dockets?

"DEASP has confirmed that, subject to satisfying the relevant eligibility criteria, employees may claim casual (that is, part-time) jobseeker payments or Short-Time Work Support payments for days of unemployment, even where their employer is claiming the Employment Wage Subsidy Scheme for days of employment. The normal scheme rules and application processes for casual jobseeker payments and Short-Time Work Support apply, including completion of the relevant forms by the employer to certify days of employment and unemployment. Queries in relation to jobseeker payments and Short-Time Work
    Support payments should be referred to DEASP."

Page 28: https://www.revenue.ie/en/employing-people/documents/ewss/ewss-guidelines.pdf

No, it's online I submit. I don't seem to have gotten it at all over Christmas.

No, it's online I submit. I don't seem to have gotten it at all over Christmas.

Contact your local DSP office today and query it.

Got sorted thanks to all who helped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭dobman88

Got sorted thanks to all who helped.

What was the issue and how was ir resolved? I find myself in a similar situation now

dobman88 wrote: »
    What was the issue and how was ir resolved? I find myself in a similar situation now

I texted a colleague and found out that no, my employer wasn't paying us, but for some reason I got 2 weeks wages.

I rang my local social dept. Basically I should have ceased my job seekers first, and than apply for the PUP. Had to give the date of my last payment from my employer. Awaiting to hear back if I do qualify, which I should be!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭dobman88

I texted a colleague and found out that no, my employer wasn't paying us, but for some reason I got 2 weeks wages.

I rang my local social dept. Basically I should have ceased my job seekers first, and than apply for the PUP. Had to give the date of my last payment from my employer. Awaiting to hear back if I do qualify, which I should be!

Ok, sounds pretty straightforward so. Thanks very much.

Good stuff.

Yes, anyone on a JSA or JSB needs to cease that payment before applying for PUP.

From reading your story it felt like employer was paying you and this was via EWSS. Maybe you had holiday pay owed? This would make sense if you were a PT employee.

shmeee wrote: »
    Good stuff.

Yes, anyone on a JSA or JSB needs to cease that payment before applying for PUP.

From reading your story it felt like employer was paying you and this was via EWSS. Maybe you had holiday pay owed? This would make sense if you were a PT employee.

That might be very true, I had hols left over alright, tha ks for reminding me!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

If you are/were getting Paid by your employer and/OR the PUP, why would you get Job Seekers ?

On an other post, you said you got the PUP and also paid by your employer, if that is the case, you might have to pay the PUP back, ye should not bed getting both.

Also Tax bills for the PUP in the post this week.

Advertisement