Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coyote

Options
  • 11-01-2021 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭

New thriller starring Michael Chiklis. He said if you liked The Shield and Breaking Bad, then you should watch this. Trailer looks interesting and looking forward to giving it a go. Low expectations though, nowhere near The Shield or Breaking Bad expectations anyway.

All of Season 1 on Amazon Prime and CBS Access.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,376 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Don't do it to yourself.

There was 6 episodes made of a 10 episode season before Covid stopped production and it was then cancelled and the final 4 episodes won't be made so it ends mid story.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Don't do it to yourself.

There was 6 episodes made of a 10 episode season before Covid stopped production and it was then cancelled and the final 4 episodes won't be made so it ends mid story.

Ah for Jaysus sake, disaster! How is it even allowed to air oft it's unfinished.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Don't do it to yourself.

It was decent enough but it was pointless ending it the way it did.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Don't do it to yourself.

I was wondering why the season ended so abruptly, that explains it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Don't do it to yourself.

What?!!? Nooooo!

1: This benefitted from me going in blind. I defintely started
    relaxing into what felt like an uneventful episode when suddenly yer wan in the back seat of the car and I swear I jumped the same as yer man :D Then the escalation after that was something else. Like the episode started with a kinda low-key similarity to Sicario but more like Paul Blart Mall Cop but in the end it felt that that was intentional to lull the audience.

• Advertisement

2: This felt like it's grounding the story in two ways. Showing the audience the setting and
    how this guy is trapping himself in his mind to not go ask others for help. I'm guessing the first season at least meant to explore the Mexican side of things.

3: I thought
    the last episode was sticking him into a trapped feeling but like this one doubled down. Story musta been planning to go to some dark places.

4: Yep, this series is just getting started I think.
    The look on his face when he finds out the guy was yer mans brother! Earlier I thought he might just save the two drivers from getting decapitated.. but no.. Also suspecting something is up with the ex wife since she's not answering called.
    Getting the feeling many things are not gonna be resolved by the last episode they put out.

5: Alright so it's got
    guns as well as drugs and people trafficing and the two Mexican brothers are at each other. Still frustrating how yer man doesn't ask for help. Even Garret said it at the end of this one.

Finished! Show felt a bit like the breaking bad feel overall. Ending on episode 6 wasn't too bad. It has a kind of.. end-of-season feel. BUT if the show is completely cancelled.. then it's left way too much unanswered and undeveloped. I wouldn't mind knowing what happens next.

6:I totally didn't see
    him starting working for Homeland but it makes sense to explain why they were brought into the story at all. Guessing the season would've seen him fully become an informant and the overall direction of the show was to bring down the Mexican cartel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thanks for your thoughts man! Still undecided if I'll watch or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Thanks for your thoughts man! Still undecided if I'll watch or not.
    If you have absolutely nothing else to do, and you like that sort of show, there are worse ways to waste time. As I said above it just ends abruptly given that filming stopped and then the show cancelled before it could conclude naturally.

Advertisement