Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NIO Chinese car and solid state batteries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,647 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Made in china is synonymous with quality and long lasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,415 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I suppose I have to do the obligatory post asking you where your phone/tablet was built.

We can do better than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,386 ✭✭✭✭ted1

ELM327 wrote: »
    Made in china is synonymous with quality and long lasting.

Nonsense. It’s like Trump has hacked your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Better have a bucket of salt ready for this one.

Could be like EEStor all over again. There have been loads of such breakthroughs the past 15 years but none made to market and the best you can get at the minute is the garden variety 2.7-3V EDLC

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I suppose I have to do the obligatory post asking you where your phone/tablet was built.

We can do better than that.
    I can then add the response that phone/tablets do not have to pass a severe crumple test, and they have your life in their hands if you crash one.

Will never buy a made in china car. Whatever about a rebrand like Volvo or a made in China tesla (although I dont want that either and will avoid like the plague)... an actual chinese designed and built car? Not a hope even if they paid me.

• Advertisement

ted1 wrote: »
    Nonsense. It’s like Trump has hacked your account.
    Nonsense indeed.
    Sure why dont you go pilot the deathtraps coming out of china so?
    Wonder how theyd fare on NCAP?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,386 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Nonsense indeed.

If they are selling cars into Europe then they’ll have NCAP ratings. Manufacturers make abs sell what the market allows.

The model 3 MIC has good NCAP

The XPENG sold in Norway would be a good comparasion

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/insideevs.com/news/463671/xpeng-clarifies-ciasis-g3-crash-test/amp/

I can then add the response that phone/tablets do not have to pass a severe crumple test, and they have your life in their hands if you crash one.

Will never buy a made in china car. Whatever about a rebrand like Volvo or a made in China tesla (although I dont want that either and will avoid like the plague)... an actual chinese designed and built car? Not a hope even if they paid me.

Volvo are owned by a Chinese company. I.e. they’re not just building them there, a Chinese company is pulling the strings in terms of development, production, design etc,

The Chinese (might as well generalise 1.4 billion people :) ) are well capable of building anything to any standard, they give the people what they want.
    People want quality EVs, and from my limited knowledge of EVs I can see that China has a huge uptake of EV and experience of building them (possibly badly)

American cars didn’t have a great rep for a long time either. No reason why an upstart company can’t start making cars that people want, see Tesla :)

Nonsense indeed.

See Isuzu D-Max NCAP on older easier test.

https://www.euroncap.com/en/results/isuzu/d-max/rodeo/15763

The Great Wall Steed is rubbish by our standards, but this is a budget version of a budget model for African market that doesn’t even have airbags.

Advertisement