Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing a cooker hob

Options
  • 11-01-2021 9:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

Hi,

Replacing an electric cooker hob.

I pulled out the old one yesterday.

Is it simply a case of removing wires from old cooker hob and wiring these to the new hob?
    There is a single coil of 3 wires coming from behind the kitchen unit.

If in any doubt I will get an electrician. But it looks straightforward enough.

Thanks for any advice .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭meercat

Hi,

Is it simply a case of removing wires from old cooker hob and wiring these to the new hob?

Thanks for any advice .

Should be straightforward as you described
    Some hobs come with copper links which have to be inserted internally within the hob.
    Make sure power is off and connections are tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 newuser555555

Hi,

Thanks for any advice .

can you post some pics?

Advertisement