Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tumble dryer capacitor change didn't work

Options
  • 10-01-2021 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

Hi all,

I've a Beko 6kg vented dryer. Has stopped working. When you turn it on there's a low hum and nothing happens.

I hoovered out the inside of it as much as I could and changed the capacitor.

Now there is no low hum noise, just a click sound and nothing happens.

Can't understand it, before the element would even heat up along with the low hum sound, but now there's nothing at all....

Any ideas apart from the obvious?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Gate Automation

Carbon brushes gone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭SwordofLight

Thanks for the reply, that might be worth checking.. let me know if anything else comes to mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Thanks for the reply, that might be worth checking.. let me know if anything else comes to mind!

Did you try in the home appliance forum maybe a mod might move it there for you very knowledgeable lad on there the RedAce I think his username is he will be able to guide you .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

I had a failed thermistor in the door frame.

Advertisement