Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler runs then stops

Options
  • 10-01-2021 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hi,

Looking for some help, I have a Warmflow 120 Kabin system on a dual system with solid fuel.

It’s worked well for last few year, last year we noticed occasionally when we got home or in the morning it did not start. Electricain looked and found no problem and it worked perfectly when a heating Eng call and so he couldn’t find a problem. It sorted its self out but this morning it started and seemed to run for a while then stoped.

When stopped I turned the thermostat from 3 to 4 and it ran for maybe 5 mins.

I left if for an hour and it started but then stopped, the pump is making a gurgling noise now.

A few weeks ago we had some renovations done and two rads were changed.

Any help appreciated

Esto

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,702 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

It could of course ba several things, but I'd be looking to see if there is air trapped in the system, which could cause the boiler to overheat quickly and cut out as the fluid 'cools' it more than air would. Try bleeding a few radiators and hear if air hisses out of them.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

If there is an automatic air vent on the top of the boiler, with the circulation pump off, make sure that the cap on top is loose. If tight loosen it to see if you hear air coming out.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Esto Fidelis

Hi Guys

I think it’s air, I have been at it on and off when it cools it runs for a while. I do think as he both suggest that it’s air but can’t get any air in the roads.
    I looked at that valve and it was tight so loosened and got a small hiss of air but it’s still doing the same thing.

Esto

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Bmw123d

Hi Guys

I think it’s air, I have been at it on and off when it cools it runs for a while. I do think as he both suggest that it’s air but can’t get any air in the roads.
    I looked at that valve and it was tight so loosened and got a small hiss of air but it’s still doing the same thing.

Esto

If it’s air how did it get there?
    Have u checked the water pressure is correct?

Advertisement