Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot order item from China

Options
  • 10-01-2021 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

Bought an adapter on Ebay U.K. today for £7.50 with free shipping.

Just got this message from the seller:

Due to the impact of the new crown virus COVID-19, we can't send items to your country temporarily by china post ,

Could we refund you and cancel this order please?

Anyone know if this is the case or are they trying it on? They have hundreds of items on sale and no mention on any of them of not being able to send to certain countries due to Covid. An post website not much help either as it doesn't mention post coming into the country.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Pricing for the seller ~tripled this month to send. As its in the last few days they may not have worked out what they're doing yet.
    In January of 2021, other UPU member countries can charge higher rates for packages from countries other than the US. Higher fees will be allowed for countries that ship at least 75,000 metric tons of inbound mail per year.

China used to pay basically nothing to AnPost/Royal Mail etc who still had to deliver it. Thats changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

That being said, Ireland has been a no go for many sellers, which they apparently only find out the first time they get an order from here. I have ordered quite a few very low value items (as in $1 item + $1 shipping) on Ali that were meant to be delivered from their EU warehouses and many sellers backed out of such sales with various nonsensical excuses, presumably after they found out what the shipping actually costed. There must be some sort of a gap in their shipping pricing that does not account for the actual cost of shipping to IRL and that was even before the changes that ED E quoted and likely they had to cover the difference out of their own pockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Thanks everyone. They cancelled my order and refunded me. I did ask them if they would ship to the U.K. but they didn't respond. Bit miffed that they allowed me to order and then tried to blame Covid!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Bought an adapter on Ebay U.K. today for £7.50 with free shipping.

Just got this message from the seller:

Due to the impact of the new crown virus COVID-19, we can't send items to your country temporarily by china post ,

Could we refund you and cancel this order please?

Anyone know if this is the case or are they trying it on? They have hundreds of items on sale and no mention on any of them of not being able to send to certain countries due to Covid. An post website not much help either as it doesn't mention post coming into the country.

I got a similar message for an Ebay purchase from China. I just cancelled and he refunded. Hopefully its a one off.
    h-quality_electronic:
    hi,friend ,sorry to disturb you ,they contact me that the shipping way we send stop post to your country ,we prefer to cancel the order and refund for you ,ok ? wait for your reply regards

Advertisement