Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100 liter tank

Options
  • 10-01-2021 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭

Hey lads

Just a quick question the parents have one of the old school oil tanks, you know the metal rectangular ones, im guessing its 100 liters,
    Its just over half full i was just wondering how long do you reckon half a tank lasts for just doing the heating in the house? Obvious answer is to find when they filled it but they cant remember there getting on

Considering its January how long would it last

I know its impossible to be exact but a guesstimate

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Turbohymac

All depends on how many hours in each 24 there using the heating and how efficient is their boiler/burner.. running normally without the burner ever switching off (which it does with the temp stat) the jet in burner would be rated from 0.45 to0.65 gph so do the maths.. normally I'd guess no more than 12 litres per 24 hours..but that's only my house other people have heating running all day

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Are you sure it's 100 litres? That would be smaller than the tank in the average hotpress.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

more like 1000l
    measure it: L by B by height and allow a loss of maybe 2" on the bottom for sludge etc
    so a tank 1.5 long, 0.6m wide and 1.2m high = 1.08 cubic meters or 1,080 litres

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Wearb wrote: »
    Are you sure it's 100 litres? That would be smaller than the tank in the average hotpress.

Sorry 1000

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Sorry 1000

Rough guess, 2 months on average.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭John.G

"Average" around 8 litres/day (based on my own), half tank, say 500 litres but allow up to 100 litres unusable so 400 ltrs @ 8 LPD = 50 days so top up due ~ last week of February?.

Advertisement