Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideal Classic FF350 - no pressure/pilot light

Options
  • 10-01-2021 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Hi,

Hoping someone might be able to help me get my boiler back up temporarily until I can get someone to fix/replace it.

I have an Ideal classic FF350 which is around 18 years old. It stopped working yesterday with no flame and the pressure gauge is at 0. It sounds like the fan still comes on when the boiler turns on.

Looking elsewhere, it seemed one solution may have been to re-pressurise the system by opening valves on a “fill loop”, but this doesn’t seem to present on this boiler. I have attached a few photos of what I am looking it.

Would appreciate any suggestions.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭wiz569

Check the hotpress the filing loop could be in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lemeister

wiz569 wrote: »
    Check the hotpress the filing loop could be in there.

Thanks, doesn't look to be unless it's those red valves?

lemeister wrote: »
    Thanks, doesn't look to be unless it's those red valves?

All the pipes seem to meld into each other in that pic lol,

I think you may have what they call a semi sealed system,if so there should be a small water storage tank in the attic,check if it has water in it and that the ballcock is working OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lemeister

wiz569 wrote: »
    All the pipes seem to meld into each other in that pic lol,

I think you may have what they call a semi sealed system,if so there should be a small water storage tank in the attic,check if it has water in it and that the ballcock is working OK.

Tell me about it.....I've done a fair amount of head scratching trying to figure them out!

All tanks on attic have water so doesn't seem to be that either but thanks anyway.

lemeister wrote: »
    Tell me about it.....I've done a fair amount of head scratching trying to figure them out!

All tanks on attic have water so doesn't seem to be that either but thanks anyway.

That 1/2" copper pipe in the centre of the picture dropping down from the attic is your feed, in my opinion,

But if there is water in the tank above it should keep the system topped up unless there is a separate valve on that pipe that has seized or blocked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

See the valve I have I have marked, It looks to be connected to the outlet on one side of the pump. It also appears to be connected to the return side of the cylinder hot water coil. Now it may just be a by pass valve, but from the angle it is too hard to tell.
    Can you post another picture of that pipework but looking down on it and a picture of the pipework further up the wall.
    You could try turning it to open (anti clockwise) and see if the pump starts up.
    If it does, shut it off again and have someone monitor the pressure gauge on the boiler to let you know when the pressure reaches 1.5 bar while you get ready to shut the valve back off.
    If nothing happens, run a tap to start the pump.
    If still nothing happens try put it back to where it was.

539052.jpg

Advertisement