Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning Plastic slats

Options
  • 10-01-2021 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Anybody know a good chemical that will help cut up blocked plastic slats before they are power washed? I know I could scrape them but think power washing is easier..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭50HX

If they are plastic calf slats I just leave them out in the rain for a few days before washing, no bother then

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭iron man

Sheep plastic slats... you can't take them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭gazahayes

"Kenosan 22Kg Sticky Long Lasting Foam | Kellihers Feeds" https://kfa.ie/product/kenosan-22kg-sticky-long-lasting-foam/

We used this stuff before in a piggery spray on go for a cup of tea and then wash of no bother

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

Soak a few times first to soften it

The mud lance on powerwasher with the cone spray pattern in very effective too rather than standard lance

When emptying pen try and take the time to flood wash it before it drys and cakes on. Slurry tanker of water with a hose very effective and quick. Saves alot of time but spring is busy in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭iron man

Does Sodium Choride work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Joebobs

Will that kenosan spray or others impact quality of slurry when spreading, that detergent washed into tanks can't be good for grass? Anyone know.

Advertisement