Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone had a family member murdered?

Options
  • 09-01-2021 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

I did when I was younger

People just don't realize the impact

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Wesekn. wrote: »
    I did when I was younger

People just don't realize the impact

/when you came just to make a quick witted remark and then read the post and now intend to just slink away like you were never here

*sorry for your loss op

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Who did the deed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Wesekn.

When someone dies normally you have death loss and loneliness

When someone is violently killed you have trauma ptsd and loneliness too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

Yes, my uncle was murdered by his wife in the early 80’s, family don’t talk about it so I don’t really know many details. Destroyed the family in the long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Yes uncle. Randomly targeted by teens, never did any time. It never goes away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Wesekn.

punchdrunk wrote: »
    Yes, my uncle was murdered by his wife in the early 80’s, family don’t talk about it so I don’t really know many details. Destroyed the family in the long term.

That's it

Family are fukked after it

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Partners first cousin was murdered a few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

My two great grand uncles were murdered by the British Army during the War of Independence.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭anewme

So sorry to hear OP.

One of the saddest programs I've ever watched was a C4 Documentary called A Killing In My Family and was about a residential support facility for children /teens when a family member was murdered.

I can only imagine how this could have impacted you at the time , adult or child and still today.

It's never too late to seek help and support and talk to someone.

I hope you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

No

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 Dafterss

I had two that disappeared 20 years ago. They were involved in the drug trade they owed people million irish punts.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭some random drunk

Not murdered, but my uncle was killed by a hit and run driver while walking home one night. I was very young when it happened so don't have much memory of it. The driver was never caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

cousin of my mother was executed on 14th march '23 . put against a wall and shot by free state troops . Was never really talked about .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Not murdered, but my uncle was killed by a hit and run driver while walking home one night. I was very young when it happened so don't have much memory of it. The driver was never caught.

I don't know if it's murder or manslaughter or what, but it's callous and cowardly to leave someone to die there after hitting them with your car, accident or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

My cousin was strangled to death in a hotel a few years ago. Made the news

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

That story before Christmas of the father and son that shot the other son, terrified the mother, then shot each other. I think about the mother now and again. Poor woman had to endure so much

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

Wesekn. wrote: »
    That's it

Family are fukked after it

Yep lots of problems with drink and drugs, depression, loads of them got cancer etc (may be/may not be linked but I can’t think the stress helped)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

Not murdered but in the mid 80s a wee cousin was knocked off his bike by a driver who didn’t stop - never caught.

Sympathies to everyone sharing here, some heartwrenching tales. Brave of you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭anewme

fussyonion wrote: »
    My cousin was strangled to death in a hotel a few years ago. Made the news

Remember that. Terrible story.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

None, thankfully

• Advertisement
Advertisement