Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Communal Dish Problem

Options
  • 08-01-2021 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    So iv lost all signals on my combo box,got hold of a old sky box and connected that and it says its not getting a signal so im guessing a fault with the dish.

Problem is its a communal dish and i cant find any one else bar one guy (sky customer)who has had the same issues.So he contacted sky who are messing him about (delays etc) so i have not signal for the last two weeks.

So is there a way a non paying sky customer(me)can get a sky engineer to come out or do i go private?

Thing is if sky come out for a customer they will repair it free whereas if i call out a private engineer god knows how much it will cost.

Also how the hell do ye contact sky?iv tried everything to talk to a human with no luck.
    Anybody with communal dish ever had this dilemma?management company say it nothing to do with them so its down to me.

Sky are impossible to contact and a private company could get expensive,any suggestions?Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,500 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

ddub11 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    So iv lost all signals on my combo box,got hold of a old sky box and connected that and it says its not getting a signal so im guessing a fault with the dish.

Problem is its a communal dish and i cant find any one else bar one guy (sky customer)who has had the same issues.So he contacted sky who are messing him about (delays etc) so i have not signal for the last two weeks..

How many apartments are using the dish?
    How is the signal split to each apartment, multiswitch or directly connected to the LNB on the dish?
    Any idea who installed the dish initially?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ddub11

The Cush wrote: »
    How many apartments are using the dish?
    How is the signal split to each apartment, multiswitch or directly connected to the LNB on the dish?
    Any idea who installed the dish initially?
    Hi,no idea how many are using the dish as it impossible to tell unless everybody in the complex was asked.

Im not sure how the signal is spilit,all i know is i am connected form my apt(topfloor) with a2 cables running down to a box on the wall (ground floor)im guessing each block has a box which it turn is connected to dish.

Guess the big problem is who installed the dish,seems no one knows.I spoke to management co and they dont know.

My neighbour had no signal and hes with sky,he spoke with sky and it seems they sent out one guy who didnt realise it was a communal dish and said its a two man job and he would have to come back.My neighbour cancelled sky so i guess they wont be back.
    So now i have no signal,and it seems no else is affected (they have their own dish/or use sky hubs interenet fir their tv)and im going mad trying to get this sorted.
    I cant contact sky(any help there would be appreciated)to try talk to them about it and weather they are fixing it or not,so it looks like ill have to get a private company to send out an engineer at my own expense which is annoying as hell considering it a communal dish.

Not sure if this is allowed (if not dont reply)but do you know any good companys that repair dishes that are in north dublin?cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,500 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

ddub11 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is allowed (if not dont reply)but do you know any good companys that repair dishes that are in north dublin?cheers.

I personally don't but others here may recommend companies that work on communal setups.

The distribution point for these 2 apartments would be my first port of call.

Advertisement