Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enhanced Illness Benefit

Options
  • 08-01-2021 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

Hubby applied for enhanced illness benefit online as was told to isolate for two weeks due to close contact. The Doctor confirmed medical certificate was sent electronically. He was to isolate from 23rd December, cert said from 26th Dec for two weeks. Still, no payment but when he logged in it said payment of €116.67 awarded and not €350 and it was dated 02 Jan to 08 Jan.
    Googled it to death but can't find any reason why he got a reduced rate. Any ideas? He tried calling but no hope of getting a person online. Emails have gone unanswered.

He is a school bus driver and now won't have any work until February. I'm disabled. Does he apply now for PUP or would that affect the chance of getting the €350 next week? If they made a payment to him relevant to the two weeks of isolating then I would know better but it doesn't correspond. I know you can't get both payments, which makes sense.

It's so confusing.

APPLICATION DEC 29th
    CERT DATE DEC 26th
    LAST DAY OF WORK DEC 21st
    AWARDED €116.67 DATED 02 JAN to 08 Jan (no actual payment received, found this info on mywelfare.ie)

If he doesn't apply then we might not get any payment next week. He does apply then he could be refused as EIB still in progress. If refused can you apply again?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

It's a partial weeks payment (350/6*2=116) but as to why, no idea. You'd have to ring them.

Should apply for PUP for first day after very from doc ends.

Advertisement