Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proof of residence for NPPR

Options
  • 08-01-2021 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭

More an observation. I'm closing the sale of a house i own. Closing date is next week. After swearing declaration that this house was my PPR for the period 2009-2013, Council has just come back to solicitor to look for proof by way of utility bills for those years.
    I dont think i have records of utility bills or remember who providers were. I moved out in 2014 and have had it as a rental property since 2014.

Anyone have been in situation where they were not able to provide utility bills?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

More an observation. I'm closing the sale of a house i own. Closing date is next week. After swearing declaration that this house was my PPR for the period 2009-2013, Council has just come back to solicitor to look for proof by way of utility bills for those years.
    I dont think i have records of utility bills or remember who providers were. I moved out in 2014 and have had it as a rental property since 2014.

Anyone have been in situation where they were not able to provide utility bills?

If you didn't sign up to ebills you will need to get your mprn and contact the electricity providers. You may also be asked to get written confirmation from a neighbour that you lived there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

I ownedand live there from 2002, let it out in 2014. I owned no other property during those years. Selling to my long term tenants that have been there since 2014.

I’ll have to do some digging I guess. I provided all my lpt info and login to my solicitor on day 1. I can imagine as the years go by the more difficult it will be for people to prove that they lived there between 2009 and 2013.

Advertisement