Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replace shower trap

Options
  • 08-01-2021 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,
    The trap in my shower has come loose and water was getting in under the tray.
    The trap is loose because the threaded part that holds the trap attached to the tray is broken.

I'd like to buy a new trap, I have the measurements for the threaded part I want to replace but I can't find specs for the trap I see online or in shops.

The threaded part I'd like to replace is ~45mm on the inner side of the threads and ~46.5 on the outer side.
    If I understand things correctly this should be a 1 1/2" threaded pipe but when I look online for shower traps I only find measurements in millimeters.

Any help or pointers to find the right shower trap to buy to replace that bit would be much appreciated.

Advertisement