Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LL ending a part 4 tenancy

Options
  • 08-01-2021 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭

Hi

We're renters in a part 4 tenancy and the LL has just told us verbally that we're getting 120 days notice (correct notice period) as they're selling the house.

With the current Covid restrictions, am I correct in thinking that the 120 days notice doesn't begin until after the restrictions end? Or does it start from whenever we get the notice in writing?

We plan on moving as soon as something suitable comes up but I just want to be sure of what the situation is

Thanks in advance

Edit: found what I was looking for here: https://www.rtb.ie/emergency-measures-ended-new-protections-introduced-for-the-rental-sector
    Landlords and tenants can still serve a Notice of Termination as usual during an Emergency Period, subject to certain exceptions (more details below), but the notice period cannot begin to count until an Emergency Period is lifted. A Notice of Termination served by a landlord cannot take effect until after the expiry of an Emergency Period.

Just as well because there are only 2 properties for rent on daft where we are, one is too small (one bed) and the other isn't great but would do if we were stuck

Advertisement