Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TP Link Archer C9 set up (replacement for Gigabox)

Options
  • 07-01-2021 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

I bought a new router as the Vodafone Gigabox (Siro 1Gbps) wasn't giving us great performance.

I tried to set up the new router by plugging the cables in as normal, it's an TP Link Archer C9 model. WiFi works but the Internet isn't working once it boots up.

Are there additional steps which I need to do? I was hoping it'll be plug and play like the Gigabox.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

Have you entered the correct Vodafone credentials?

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

I placed in the username (serial number @) and password (broadband), then the vlan as 10 (spotted after posting earlier on another thread). Fingers crossed that'll do the trick. I'm just waiting on my wife to finish work to test it.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

No luck unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 1 VioletWex

I would be grateful for some tips too.
    I have bought the same model recently and have no luck to set it up properly either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Redrocket

Not quite the same modem but here's what mine looks like

serialnumber@vfieftth.ie
    broadband

and not visible where to set it here, but vlan 10 on WAN port

• Advertisement
Advertisement