Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptops Direct and Brexit

Options
  • 07-01-2021 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭

Despite a .ie domain name - is this just another seller fulfilling from the UK?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

jeez...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

And they're not the easiest company to deal with in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

laptopsdirect.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Arranging a return tonight, mums laptop Xmas present no.4 key is stuck. Want refund so I’ll see how I get on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

FionnK86 wrote: »
    Arranging a return tonight, mums laptop Xmas present no.4 key is stuck. Want refund so I’ll see how I get on.

Your not entitled to a refund straight away so good luck with that

godtabh wrote: »
    Your not entitled to a refund straight away so good luck with that

Really? I thought i was covered under some consumer protection laws?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Xterminator

you are covered.

this entitles you to one of the 3Rs. repair/replace/refund but you dont get to pick which one you get.

In this case replacing the keyboard is a reasonable solution.

you are covered.

this entitles you to one of the 3Rs. repair/replace/refund but you dont get to pick which one you get.

In this case replacing the keyboard is a reasonable solution.

I received this reply at 1635 this afternoon.

Good Afternoon FionnK86,

I hope you are well.

I am sorry that you have experienced an issue with your order. I have provided the following link which will tell you step by step on how to resolve the issue you are experiencing.

https://www.wikihow.com/Fix-Sticky-Keyboard-Keys

Please accept my sincere apologies on the matter.

Kind Regards
    Customer Services Team

I replied asking for product to be returned, as I wouldn't be trained to perform any of the linked steps, and I'm worried I'd void any warranty.

I'm referring to https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/shopping/brexit/ as my guide on this, as in the case of something that is faulty, I have the right to a repair, replacement or a refund, as Xterminator has pointed out in above post.

My preference is for a refund, I don't believe there is anything 'jammed' in the keys as it wasn't used until yesterday. I believe if they arrange for a return to reinspect they'll probably need to replace the full keyboard assy.

It's an older model laptop, I'm not sure if there are spares and perhaps between delivery costs and labour it would be more cost-efficient for them to reimburse me the laptop cost. We'll see how it goes, so far they've been prompt to reply which I'm grateful for.

Just an update here, nightmare dealing with the crowd. I must've exchanged 25 emails since March inquiring into repair status.

I finally got a refund today after they realized they'd have to pay customs again to get laptop back to me after repair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Maselko

Guys did you have to pay customs??? Coz on the website it says it is included but i dont know how this works

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

Customs tax is included in the final price. Customs tax not included only for returns.

Advertisement