Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College query Dublin

Options
  • 07-01-2021 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi All,

I am just looking for some information or to hear peoples experiences/recommendations on the colleges around Dublin.

I am looking at starting a part time level 8 Business degree but I am unsure what college to look at. I am aware that at the end of the day a business degree is a business degree and to an extent it doesn't really matter what college you get it from but in terms of lectures being delivered and quality of learning does anyone have any information?

I attended an online open night in DBS and really liked what i heard, I got talking to some of the lecturers and they all seem very nice, the only downside was due to it being a private college you can avail of any grants for the fess..

Id appreciate any advice on the above..

Cheers.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,336 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Know someone who was attending DBS before lockdown 1 and they were not impressed. Totally disorganised with regards to timetable and exam schedule, generic YouTube tutorials instead of lectures etc. Seemed like a money-grabbing outfit to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

If you're looking to hear peoples experiences it might be worthwhile checking out reviews of the Dublin colleges https://www.thecampusadvisor.com/ireland

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Or ask over on the Education/Third Level Ed forum, there are threads there for individual colleges where you could ask about specific courses or in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭myNewName

I found DBS to be great. A little confusion with getting up and running when classes had to move online but I’d guess most places would have had the same issues with it being unprecedented.

Recordings were uploaded to Moodle to watch back, lecturers were really responsive to emails and engaging in class, college support and library staff were great too.

I’d highly recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 MrGaryFox

It really depends on what you want to get from the course. That should influence your decision as some colleges are for example, excellent on the entrepreneurial/practical side of things while others are heavily focused on the purely academic side.

If you are looking for it to launch you into a specific area of business, say accountancy or marketing, you might be better off doing a specific course in that area.

I've lectured in a few colleges around Dublin so if you want to ask me specific questions fire away or drop a DM.

Either way, best of luck with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement