Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blocked outside drain

Options
  • 07-01-2021 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

The drain outside for my kitchen sink is blocked. There was no grate on it over the winter and the leaves have collected. I’ve been quoted €100 + to unblock. Is this standard? I’m in Dublin. Is there a chemical unblocked that would work that I could buy in a hardware. I don’t have that kind of money for a Plummer at the moment

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Jerry Atrick

Get a chimney stick and a thing called a worm from the hardware store, will shift it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

id suggest putting on a long rubber glove and puliling out the leaves and as much crap as you can , thn stick a garden hose down full blast for a while .

if no good , take out as much crap and then add a drain unblocker ( caustic soda ) and do the same with he hose after a while

in both cases protect your eyes and hands and wash / sanitisewell after .

if tis is no good then its likely in the pipe itself and you will need a callout , or get some sewer / chinmey sticks and a worm end

i blocked my sewer pipe by stupidly washing flour down the sink , cost me 200 to get it cleared .
    it was full of large blocks of hard flour .

Advertisement