Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pc gaming

• 07-01-2021 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hey , so need help finding a gaming PC for and kind of stuck finding it, This is the model in mind UPGRADE PC INTEL CORE i5 9400F GTX 1050Ti 4GB / RAM 8GB DDR 4 / Computer System . I s this a good model or would you recommend something else?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,515 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

That PC is pretty weak overall. It might be best to mention what games you're targeting with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭CCP24

Spear wrote: »
    That PC is pretty weak overall. It might be best to mention what games you're targeting with it.

Hey thanks for reply, Rocket league,fortnite, tom clancy ,rainbow six seige, minecraft, gta 5

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,515 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

CCP24 wrote: »
    Hey thanks for reply, Rocket league,fortnite, tom clancy ,rainbow six seige, minecraft, gta 5

Those games are all older, and not that demanding. You should be okay with those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,439 ✭✭✭Homelander

Those games would be OK but at this stage shouldn't be buying a PC with a GTX1050Ti. It's since been replaced by GTX1650 which is much faster and is the new "budget" model for lower end machines.

While the 1050Ti would run the games you mentioned fine, a lot of newer games would barely run on it if at all. Games like Apex Legends or Call of Duty just about run at low settings, some other games run poorly even at low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭CCP24

Thanks for your help guys, I found this page on boards will have to educate myself a bit. I have a 8-900 to spend but will prob go with what you recommened there homelander, thanks again.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74542374

• Advertisement
Advertisement