Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil Central heating won't come on

Options
  • 06-01-2021 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

Good evening all, the Electricity in our area went out this evening for about an hour or so, I had the heat on at the time. And when the power came back I noticed that the rads were still cold.
    I switched them off and back on but they are still cold. The trip switch is in the correct position. Heating was working fine before the power cut now it's not working. Any advice please as the house is freezing cold. I don't have a fire or any other source of heat in the house.
    Its oil fired central heating if that helps. Would I need to call a plumber or electrician?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭Water John

There is a reset button on the burner which you may need to push in.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Have you checked the reset button on the burner?
    Also the high limit switch on the boiler thermostat?

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭taylor3

Water John wrote: »
    There is a reset button on the burner which you may need to push in.

Ok thanks, I'll check that in the morning when its bright out. Do I just unscrew the panel and press the reset button? Sorry I know it might sound lame but I'm female and haven't a clue about these things and my other half is as useful as tits on a bull !

Wearb wrote: »
    Have you checked the reset button on the burner?
    Also the high limit switch on the boiler thermostat?

The burner is out the back garden near the oil tank and because its dark now and freezing I'll see if I can check it in the morning.
    Cheers.

taylor3 wrote: »
    The burner is out the back garden near the oil tank and because its dark now and freezing I'll see if I can check it in the morning.
    Cheers.

Do you know what make it is?

• Advertisement

Wearb wrote: »
    Do you know what make it is?

I don't know, sorry.

taylor3 wrote: »
    I don't know, sorry.

OK. See how you get on in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Yeah open the panel. You remind me of when my sister was very young, her uncle asked her why they didn't milk the bull. she said they was no point as he had only one tit. Surely even if he isn't much good at the DIY, he'd manage to keep you warm tonight? Sleep well.

Advertisement