Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas fire, No chimney or outside wall

Options
  • 06-01-2021 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭

Hello

We are hoping to put a gas fire in our living room where there is no chimney. Also due to the windows in the room we cant have the fire on an external wall for a flue system.
    Is there anything we can do, apologies I have done research on google but cant find an answer.
    All help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

There are some flueless type applicances, which utilise catalytic converter type filters on the gasses which would otherwise vent externally.

They have room ventilation requirements which would be significant in a modern ‘airtight’ dwelling.

Personally, I wouldn’t be terribly excited about putting a flueless gas fire in my sitting room.

Advertisement