Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No 5G on Google Pixel 5

Options
  • 06-01-2021 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

I received a Google Pixel 5 (Thanks, Santa!) and I just got around to enabling 5G data access on Three. However, after 3 days I still haven't seen a 5G signal.
    There could be several problems:
    1. I don't have 5G coverage where I am. This is possible but I'm not that far (2.5km)from a 5G antenna and the Three online coverage map says I have coverage. I haven't been traveling around that much but I would expect to have seen it somewhere within my 5km limit. I don't have another 5G-enabled SIM from a different network to check it with. I could go somewhere with known Three 5G coverage, but I don't know where that is.
    2. I don't have 5G access on my SIM. I've been on to Three customer care and they have confirmed 5G access, then removed and re-added it and re-confirmed it. I don't have another 5G device to check the SIM with.
    3. A problem with my Pixel 5. This is the biggest issue. I don't particularly need or want 5G access, but I do want to make sure that it is actually working on my device.

I would be grateful for any ideas, thinks I might try or settings I could change.

R

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 sensational swartz

I'm with three and have been in contact with them about this. Google haven't certified it yet for 5g on three (or vice versa not totally sure) but on Google's page here it says it's coming soon . Three have also said it's coming soon

https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/10082009?hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭RunDMC

Thanks, I saw that after my initial post. I just think it strange that their own support staff don't know the answer.

R

Advertisement