Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost Buying a Gaming PC

• 06-01-2021 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey. I wanted to make the move from console and buy my first gaming PC with a budget of around €800-€1000 but I'm completely lost. There's is so much info out there to be drown in. I'd like to play the likes of COD maybe some Wow also and stream a little too with it. Could anybody advise a good starter PC that can be built upon in the future. I haven't the brain power to source and put the parts together myself at the moment. Thanks for your Help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Head over here for help.

See this for correct formatting.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Denny61

You will get absolutely nothing for that budget. .even if you did. The latest consoles are far better in terms of graphics..processor speed etc ... you need to spend up to 2000 to notice a difference..plus you then need to buy a decent monitor costing at least 4 to 5hundred .so if I were you. Stick with console..

^^ Absolute rubbish advice. OP. Head over to the forum dudeeile linked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RossiBop

Great thank you Grahamer72

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Denny61 wrote: »
    You will get absolutely nothing for that budget. .even if you did. The latest consoles are far better in terms of graphics..processor speed etc ... you need to spend up to 2000 to notice a difference..plus you then need to buy a decent monitor costing at least 4 to 5hundred .so if I were you. Stick with console..

Absolutely clueless!

Here go to 32 mins on this vid and educate yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,576 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

RossiBop wrote: »
    Hey. I wanted to make the move from console and buy my first gaming PC with a budget of around €800-€1000 but I'm completely lost. There's is so much info out there to be drown in. I'd like to play the likes of COD maybe some Wow also and stream a little too with it. Could anybody advise a good starter PC that can be built upon in the future. I haven't the brain power to source and put the parts together myself at the moment. Thanks for your Help.

The lads in the PC Building forum literally give you a list of stuff to buy. Assembling it is easier than you think. If I can, you most certainly can.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

The lads in the PC Building forum literally give you a list of stuff to buy. Assembling it is easier than you think. If I can, you most certainly can.

We would if there was anything to buy or someone to buy from :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,576 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

We would if there was anything to buy or someone to buy from :pac:

What's wrong with Amazon.de? Surely there must be some online retailer that ships to Ireland?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

What's wrong with Amazon.de? Surely there must be some online retailer that ships to Ireland?

Amazon.de seem a bit flakey but that aside there's nothing to buy at the moment. 5000 series processors are very difficult to get driving the price of the 3000 up. Intel is now the go to option in terms of value. GPUs, you can't get two generations old let alone something current or last gen. A 5700XT should be about €400 new for a good one - selling at €550 secondhand at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Why is that, why are things so scarce at the moment?

I ask because I'll be doing a new build midway through 2021, so curious as to if I should wait or pull the trigger.

• Advertisement

Why is that, why are things so scarce at the moment?

I ask because I'll be doing a new build midway through 2021, so curious as to if I should wait or pull the trigger.

7nm fab process is at capacity and a large number of parts are on it. CPUs, AMD GPUs and Consoles.

Cryptocurrency mining boom is hoovering up all the nVidia GPUs.

Only intel on 14nm are able to meet demand at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

I might be selling my ryzen 7, 32gb ram, 1070 rig soon. Might be moving abroad soon for work..

Advertisement