Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot Water pump

Options
  • 06-01-2021 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭

My water pump is leaking, I'm looking for a replacement but can't find the same one, is there a similar one I can get?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

What is it feeding ? Shower mate is the replacement for the st55 but should only be used on a shower
    If it’s feeding the whole house a brass body pump is required

browner85 wrote: »
    What is it feeding ? Shower mate is the replacement for the st55 but should only be used on a shower
    If it’s feeding the whole house a brass body pump is required

It's a pressure pump, its feeding the hot water to the shower, taps and toilet..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

It's a pressure pump, its feeding the hot water to the shower, taps and toilet..

In that case by installing the direct replacement would void any warranty as they are only warrantied to be connected to a single shower and nothing else.
    As said above, get a brass bodied pump, Stuart Turner or Grundfoss positive head 1.5 bar.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 Dafterss

Fix seals or bearings what's the name of the pump

• Advertisement

It's a Sturt Turner..

q11Zzn6

Could you recommend a replacement from this website? https://www.screwfix.ie/c/bathrooms-kitchens/shower-pumps/cat820270

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

I wouldn't recommend buying a pump from Screwfix as the connection hoses that you get with those pumps are UK 22mm and will be loose on our imperial pipework and will leak or flood.
    Buy from a local stockist.
    If you have more than a shower connected to the pump the recommendation is to use a brass pump.

Advertisement