Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gave our landlord notice. Need more time.

Options
  • 05-01-2021 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Any advice appreciated.

My family and I have been privately renting our current accommodation since October 2018.

We recieved notification on October 5th that we have been allocated a house from our local council which we are thrilled and grateful for.
    We were told in November to hand our notice to our landlord as we had to give at least 56 days notice to them. Which we did. NextMonday the 11th is our date to vacate.

The house we have been allocated has not been handed over by the builders (its a new development of houses) to the council yet.
    No hope of the house being ready for us by next Monday.

My question is , how do we approach our letting agency about the possibility of extending our stay in our current accommodation? The house is already up on daft.ie for €200 extra per month then we are paying.
    We are HAP tenants if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Your tenancy ends next Monday so you will have to approach the LL and negotiate an extension if possible. The LL may want you to vacate so property can be prepared for viewings/let.

I doubt there will be a problem, as long as LA continues to pay HAP, or, you pay the whole rent yourself.

Advertisement