Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solar PV Galway

Options
  • 05-01-2021 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi all,

I'm looking to install solar PV and am looking for any do's don'ts and recommendations for installers. Can anyone make any recommendations?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

gibbers wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm looking to install solar PV and am looking for any do's don'ts and recommendations for installers. Can anyone make any recommendations?

Thanks

I suppose look at the cost vs return so as you have realistic expectations. Cut through the sales talk and identify your priorities.

When I looked at it in detail for my own house a few months ago, it was going to be almost 10 years before I got the principle investment back - and that didn’t factor any maintenance or repair within that time, which likely wasn’t realistic.

Undoubtedly it is a much more viable proposition than it was a few years ago, but personally I saw it as something else that would need to be maintained, with an unexciting return on investment.

Advertisement