Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi but no Internet

Options
  • 05-01-2021 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi,I have a LenovoTab E10 Android Tablet and I have a Virgin Media Hub 3.0 Router.I have Wifi on the Tablet but no internet .The Hub 3.0 is showing the Tablet is connected to it and showing the right IP address,everthing looks ok, and it only stopped working 2 days ago after working for the last year or so. I've researched the internet and Ive tried all resets on the Hub and the Tablet but no joy,any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,387 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Go into network settings on the tablet, and tell it to 'forget' the VM wi-fi connection. Then reconnect to it (you'll need the wi-fi password) and see what happens. That is the first thing you do when a known (to your device) wi-fi connection stops working.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 jimupc

HI,
    I've already tried that and all the other ways of resetting

Are you able to go to 192.168.1.1 in the tablet's browser?

Yes and for the last few days it's showing that the IP address is connected to the Hub 3.0 but there was still no internet,but today it's not connected and I,ve tried a reset again but still not showing a connection on the Hub or the Tablet today.

Hi,
    Wifi back but no internet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Is it showing as no internet in the wifi signal indicator or are you just not able to get websites to load?

I had similar, anything on this thread seem the same?
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057995256

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Turn off tablet. Turn off / reboot router. Power up both and try again..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭beachhead

orm0nd wrote: »
    Turn off tablet. Turn off / reboot router. Power up both and try again..

When you see the WiFi connected message on your tablet tap on it.Maybe that will complete the connection

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Hi,
    Wifi back but no internet

Have you another device (phone with hotpsot) that the tablet can see and connect to web that way....just to see if it's a tablet or router problem.

Also check that the security protocol on each device is same for the connection between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

The default IP address for the Virgin Media Hub 3.0 router is: http://192.168.0.1
    See if an admin page shows when you type that into a browser on the tablet.

It can also be http://192.168.1.1 so try a few options

• Advertisement

Hi,
    Had an online chat with Virgin rep who did another reset but nothing ,other items are ok ie: laptop,smart tv,etc but not the Lenovo tablet and now since virgin did the reset it's not recognising the 2 Amazon Kindles.
    Tried re-booting the tablet and then did a factory reset after chatting online with Lenovo rep which didn't work and who then told me to leave it in with MacroEv as its out of warranty ,to get it checked out and repaired if possible but it would be cheaper to buy a new one at the rate they charge.
    Now you cannot use the Tablet at all because as you are going through the initial power up its asking for internet tru the wifi which is not working.
    Thanks for all your help but at this stage I think I'll get another tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Have you tested the tablet on another wifi? If you can't get to someone's house try setting your smartphone up as hotspot and connecting to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,332 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

pippip wrote: »
    Have you tested the tablet on another wifi? If you can't get to someone's house try setting your smartphone up as hotspot and connecting to that.

Using the hotspot on the phone is the quickest way to check.
    Also try going into the VM hub settings and see if the tablet shows up in the list of ip addresses connected.

Hi,
    Problem solved I changed wireless settings on the hub. I disabled 5gz so I only had 2.5gz and set channel number to 6 and it worked ,thanks for all your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,946 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

jimupc wrote: »
    Hi,
    Problem solved I changed wireless settings on the hub. I disabled 5gz so I only had 2.5gz and set channel number to 6 and it worked ,thanks for all your help.

You can separate the 2.4 and 5 Ghz channels so you can still use your phone on 5Ghz and leave your devices/tablet on 2.4Ghz

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/hub-3-5ghz-and-2-4ghz/td-p/3956495

Hi,
    Problem solved I changed settings in the hub router.I disabled 5 gz and just used 2.5 gz and set channel to number 6 and the tablet is back working again. I then reset wireless signal back to both 5 and 2.5 gz and every device is back working again.Thanks again for all your help.

Advertisement