Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nice area max. 20 kms from the airport?

• 05-01-2021 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

can anyone recommend nice, safe, clean areas no more than 10 kms from the airport?

I would like to buy a place asap but I've only been in Ireland since 2 years, so I'm still learning about the areas.

Thanks in advance!
    Dawanda

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,592 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Skerries.

Lovely seaside town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

I think you'll need to be more specific about what you're looking for before people can give useful advice.

A range of 20 Km from (Dublin, I assume?) Airport is almost the entirety of both Dublin City and Co Dublin, and big parts of Kildare and Meath also - it's an area that includes something like 20% of the entire population

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭dawanda

Apologies, I meant to write 10 kms, not 20. I can't seem to change the title though.

Skerries looks lovely, but I don't think I could ever find something within my price class there.
    How is Rush?
    There seems to be a better chance of finding something there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭vandriver

Instead of dragging the information out of you,why not tell us all the variables up front?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Skerries is gorgeous, but is 22km away. Consider Portrane, quiet with a beautiful beach. If you want village life have a look at Oldtown or Ballyboughill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭ongarite

dawanda wrote: »
    Apologies, I meant to write 10 kms, not 20. I can't seem to change the title though.

Skerries looks lovely, but I don't think I could ever find something within my price class there.
    How is Rush?

Why 10km from airport? Working there?
    What's your budget? Apartment or house?
    Living in estate or more isolated than that?
    Do you drive or rely on public transport?

vandriver wrote: »
    Instead of dragging the information out of you,why not tell us all the variables up front?

Not sure what else you want to know?
    Clean, safe, reasonably close to the airport, and not the most expensive area.

I currently live in Delgany, so, yeah, that's my idea of clean and safe.

Skerries is gorgeous, but is 22km away. Consider Portrane, quiet with a beautiful beach. If you want village life have a look at Oldtown or Ballyboughill.

Couldn't find Ballyboughill on daft, is there another name for the area? Is Ballybough the same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Not sure what else you want to know?

Price range would really help as it will determine the area....

ongarite wrote: »
    Why 10km from airport? Working there?
    What's your budget? Apartment or house?
    Living in estate or more isolated than that?
    Do you drive or rely on public transport?

Flying often for work
    budget around 300k
    estate or not - both fine
    drive

• Advertisement

Couldn't find Ballyboughill on daft, is there another name for the area? Is Ballybough the same?

No, they are polar Opposites. Try also Rolestown, Garristown and the Naul. All are small villages with a shop and a pub, mostly within a 20 minute drive of the airport.

What do you think of Swords? Are there any clean and safe areas in Swords?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,144 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Consider Waterville in Blanchardstown, close to the N3 and 15 minutes max to the airport. Would much rather that drive then the windy roads from Rush.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Almost everywhere in North County Dublin is lovely. We live in Malahide and adore it, but it can be pretty pricey. Donabate, Rush, Lusk, Skerries, Balrothery would all be on my list to consider, in your shoes. All nice because they're beside great beaches too.

Swords has everything, and properties for most budgets too, and has always had a high percentage of airport staff living there. However I think your budget is a bit low for the nicer areas.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Ballyboughal is how it is spelt.
    Rush is lovely.Good mix of houses, there should definitley be some in your price range.Decent sized town, a lot of amenities, about a 20 min drive from the airport with no traffic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭AngryLips

I feel like Northwood is really nice if you can stomach an apartment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,963 ✭✭✭billyhead

Almost everywhere in North County Dublin is lovely. We live in Malahide and adore it, but it can be pretty pricey. Donabate, Rush, Lusk, Skerries, Balrothery would all be on my list to consider, in your shoes. All nice because they're beside great beaches too.

Lusk is more inland and further from the beach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

How is Rush?

Rush is great. Quiet enough town, great beaches, amazing community spirit, loads of great walks, sports clubs (Maurs are Division 1 in Dublin, Rush Athletic have just gone intermediate in the LSL), sea swimming clubs, yoga studios, gyms, bars, coffee shops. Even though it's population has sadly exploded there is still a community feeling about it, if you want that. If you keep to yourself that's fine too.

Yes, definitely. I would have said Swords is the obvious choice if your priority is the airport. Theres plenty if variety too so I'm sure you can find something that suits in your price range. You'd want to have a bit of a walk around prospective areas to get a good idea of them. The public transport to the city centre can be good if you're by the right routes but other areas would require a car. Bear in mind theres the Swords Express as well as Dublin Bus, and check out your connections to the airport too. I think it's a lovely area.

• Advertisement
Advertisement