Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Complete bathroom makeover in Co Monaghan (plumbing, electrics, the works)

• 05-01-2021 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi, I am currently thinking of renovating my bathroom. It's in a bungalow, and it's everything it shouldn't be. Very cold, mouldy, and grim. There is a "shower", a drip feed thingy since the house was built in 1974, and the usual bath, toilet, sink, radiator. It currently has ceramic tiles, and no shaver plugs or anything like that. The room is about 11 foot by 6 and a half foot, and am based in Co Monaghan. I hope this will be a complete makeover, so any ideas where to start are appreciated. I'm thinking the PVC panels for walls, PVC ceiling, and flooring which should immediately reduce the condensation and leave the room warmer. The suite will be updated from the beautiful avocado one......now where do I start?
    What are people's opinions - should I go with the pvc panels, or tile the whole room again (not sure what the difference in cost or comfort might be, but don't fancy the job of removing the old tiles), what other things do I need to do at the beginning? Who do I get first, an electrician to plan for proper shower and mirror lights etc, or a plumber? I'm also thinking do I need an extractor fan, a heating source alternative to a radiator, or indeed what do I need?
    Can anyone suggest someone/some company in Monaghan or surrounding areas that they can recommend to carry out the complete work, based on your own positive experiences? I'm seeing lots of Facebook pages from bathroom renovation businesses, but they are mostly based in Dublin/Kildare area. All advice appreciated, I'm dreading the hassle of the whole thing. Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You are almost certainly going to have to have walls chased/hacked about for plumbing and electrics. You may want to have the floor tanked for the shower, and investigation into why the room is so cold and mouldy (lack of an extractor fan may be a clue here!) Its a small room, you might well be better to go back to bare walls, re-slab or plaster as necessary and completely start again.

Go into a few places where you will be buying the sanitary ware and see if they recommend any fitters, who will in turn put you on to tilers etc, or maybe a firm offering an entire job.

Advertisement