Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black electric shower

Options
  • 05-01-2021 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have to replace my Triton T90sr electric shower. The water is gravity fed from the tank in the attic. I'd like to install a black unit but they only seem to be suitable for cold mains water supply only.

Is it possible to get a black Triton electric shower that's gravity fed from the tank?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Email Triton and ask them or if they can make one for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭wrmwit

Fair play, I never thought of that!

I emailed them there and they said it only comes in white or satin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭niallb

Take the cover off, prime it and spray it black?
    Mask off the holes and replace any text you need with Letraset.

If you're changing it, you have a spare to practise on too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,928 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Pumped electric showers are designed for Ireland (a small market). Most plumbers in the UK have never heard of a Triton t90 even though it's been the biggest selling shower in Ireland since 1985 or so. As a result only mira and triton make Pumped electric showers. Your choice is a white mira elite SE, white triton t90sr or pay an extra 100 euro for the satin triton t90sr.

You can take a major step back in performance and get a mains fed electric shower in almost any colour you want, including black. Most people go the opposite direction though and change from mains fed to tank fed.

Another option is to install the black triton mains fed electric shower but keep it connected to the tank and install a pump between the tank and the shower. It won't be cheap but you will have the black shower and you will have turned it into a pumped electric shower giving you the better performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

As suggested you can paint/spray the cover. Don’t know how long it will last before getting marked/scratched tho. Are you renovating the entire WC? Would a different type of shower be more suited to your needs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭wrmwit

As suggested you can paint/spray the cover. Don’t know how long it will last before getting marked/scratched tho. Are you renovating the entire WC? Would a different type of shower be more suited to your needs?

It's the ensuite but we won't be renovating it for a couple of years. The missus has a mood board for all of the renovating that she has planned for the house! She was wondering if there was a black to suit the tiles she was thinking of!
    I ended up buying the T90sr white one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

wrmwit wrote: »
    It's the ensuite but we won't be renovating it for a couple of years. The missus has a mood board for all of the renovating that she has planned for the house! She was wondering if there was a black to suit the tiles she was thinking of!
    I ended up buying the T90sr white one.

You bought it now but won’t be fitting for a few years?

Advertisement