Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night storage heater not working

Options
  • 05-01-2021 7:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Looks like the night storage heater in apartment has decided to stop working after we put it on at maximum temp overnight !

Its a very old model and wanted to see what all things can i check ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,769 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Usually a fused switch right beside each heater on the wall. Check the fuse from that switch. Might need to be replaced. Turn off switch first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

listermint wrote: »
    Usually a fused switch right beside each heater on the wall. Check the fuse from that switch. Might need to be replaced. Turn off switch first.

Thanks but it has just one switch and no other switch....its an old dimplex model see the photo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭wandererz

Possibly the thermal cutout.

https://youtu.be/A9MguvffPaE

wandererz wrote: »
    Possibly the thermal cutout.

https://youtu.be/A9MguvffPaE

Thanks had something like this which i pressed hopefully it will start up..the white knob on right side

• Registered Users Posts: 33,769 ✭✭✭✭listermint

If it doesn't work. There's always people removing them from apartments when refurbishment, so check adverts. Don't waste money fixing one as old as that.

• Advertisement

listermint wrote: »
    If it doesn't work. There's always people removing them from apartments when refurbishment, so check adverts. Don't waste money fixing one as old as that.

Looks like its heating now that push to the switch did the trick...hopefully today overnight shud have it blasting heat to confirm its working

Make sure there's no dust in the area.
    Vacuum it out to be sure.

Make sure there's no dust in the area.
    Vacuum it out to be sure.

Already done and assembled back !!

No luck did not heat up today !! Anyway i can check if its getting power or fuse line anywhere ?

I think it did start up post pressing thermal cutout but then i tried putting cover back with it ON and there was a spark so assuming it tripped something somewhere !! Nothing in main board

Image of right side terminal where contact happened and a spark

• Advertisement

Thanks will have a look someone seems to have already requested it

Advertisement