Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen sockets.

Options
  • 04-01-2021 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭

I have recently redone the kitchen. Rewired as well. The fridge and dishwasher are on their own plugs and have isolated switches. both plugs are double socket but only use one each. The question is could I use the empty socket alongside dishwasher to attach one of those pop up sockets? I know I physically could. Im asking from a safety/legal perspective

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭meercat

Deco99 wrote: »
    I have recently redone the kitchen. Rewired as well. The fridge and dishwasher are on their own plugs and have isolated switches. both plugs are double socket but only use one each. The question is could I use the empty socket alongside dishwasher to attach one of those pop up sockets? I know I physically could. Im asking from a safety/legal perspective

Yes you can.minor works if even that. Lots of those pop up already have a lead and plug connected so it’s just plug in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

meercat wrote: »
    Yes you can.minor works if even that. Lots of those pop up already have a lead and plug connected so it’s just plug in.

And all ok to connect to a switch which is on an isolater? Just wondering cause the fridge and dishwasher were put on separate isolators despite being side by side

Advertisement