Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Respray

Options
  • 04-01-2021 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all

I am respraying my cheapy Epiphone Acoustic a heritage cherry red.
    I am stripping it to the wood, nearly there, mahogany dark wood sides back and neck, pine type front body. I have been told to use stew mac fillers for the grain then use a clear primer then cherry numerous coats sanding between each coat followed by clear laquer (Satin)

How does this sound? Any and all advice would be greatly received....

Ta
    Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

or, alternatively, car paint in rattle cans.

it works and cost 1/2 what the "proper" stuff does (its the same stuff, just a different label)

make sure you mask any areas you DON'T want painted!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Jeff.

Hi all

I am respraying my cheapy Epiphone Acoustic a heritage cherry red.
    I am stripping it to the wood, nearly there, mahogany dark wood sides back and neck, pine type front body. I have been told to use stew mac fillers for the grain then use a clear primer then cherry numerous coats sanding between each coat followed by clear laquer (Satin)

How does this sound? Any and all advice would be greatly received....

Ta
    Paul

Try the Manchester guitar tech company. They sell nitrocellulose paints specifically for this. 2 pack guitar paints are NOT the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Pauly shapes

Jeff. wrote: »
    Try the Manchester guitar tech company. They sell nitrocellulose paints specifically for this. 2 pack guitar paints are NOT the same.

He is not shipping to the EU

Thanks for the advice

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭wild turkey

Try Rothko and Frost as far as I know they ship here, they also do a safer water based version as well .

Advertisement