Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a laptop budget 800e with good screen long battery and able to handle multi

Options
  • 04-01-2021 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Hello

Can someone please Recommend a laptop budget 800e with good screen long battery and able to handle multiple programs.

I am spending 8 hours a day on a laptop with mixture of zoom calls and my eyes hurt with my present laptop as it an old one.

I also need another laptop which will be used for just word but it must have a long battery

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 Bellejelles

Buy a big monitor

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭trellheim

I hear what you say but might a good monitor be a better investment with the existing laptop ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭kala85

trellheim wrote: »
    I hear what you say but might a good monitor be a better investment with the existing laptop ?

Would I be able to run two monitors off the same laptop. Would this affect the cpu of the laptop if I have a lot of processes going.
    My present one has over heated a few times and shut down.

Is there a docking system needed for that

Would it be hard to work on the laptop keyboard and monitor at the same time.

Or could I replace the monitor in the laptop?

Also if I had a numeric keypad and vga port it would be great.

you could get one monitor and use the existing laptop screen as a secondary screen or workspace

whether you can connect 2 screens depends on what ports you have and probably trying out something like a usb to vga or hdmi adaptor for the second monitor (adaptor not expensive item to try out)

most laptops should be able to power 2 external monitors unless the cpu is below i3 level

re battery you can plug in the laptop (if you're using a monitor you will obviously be beside power)

make sure your laptop is set to high performance mode in power settings for best performance (running off mains)

you can also buy a usb numeric pad if you need one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭kala85

Any more laptop suggestions

• Advertisement

matebook d 15 with 4500u

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/computing/laptops/laptops/huawei-matebook-d-15-6-laptop-amd-ryzen-5-256-gb-ssd-space-grey-10215076-pdt.html

solid 6-core cpu, ips screen is easier on the eyes

there is also a 14 inch model for a bit more

that has longer battery life

Advertisement