Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2021

Options
  • 04-01-2021 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

So the exams are cancelled in Scotland, Wales, and now England - will they cancel the Leaving Cert here I wonder?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭soso02

Unlikely, only if the department were to offer a convincing alternative other than predicted grades. I think the leaving cert will go ahead and the department will put out all the stops to make this happen.
    Besides it's early days. Absolutely nonsensical to cancel an exam with 6 months to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭carr62

So Northern Ireland have cancelled exams for next summer. That's England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland all after cancelling exams. Can we really expect the Leaving Cert to go ahead, despite what the Government are saying?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 covid2021

DEB wrote:
    Message from our Managing Director, Senan Kelly

It is with deep regret that DEB Exams is suspending all products and services to schools for the remainder of the 2020/2021 academic year.

We have taken the difficult decision to pause all operations with immediate effect to fully comply with the latest government announcements regarding Covid-19 and tighter Level 5 restrictions.

We would like to sincerely apologise to you, your colleagues, your students and their families for this grave decision and the consequences that it may initiate, but it is beyond our control.

From the DEB website. Have my doubts about Examcraft being able to manage remote mocks as the sole mock provider in the country. Curious to hear what other schools are doing.

Advertisement