Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fillings for chicken ballotine.

Options
  • 04-01-2021 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

I'd usually stuff with mushrooms but I have someone hopefully coming for dinner when restrictions allow. They won't entertain the idea of a mushroom.
    So I've changed my usual mushroom cream sauce for a chicken sauce with a little bit of cream and tarragon, but I could do with some ideas on a stuffing. I know I could just leave it plain but I think it looks nicer when it's sliced on the plate to have it filled.

Thoughts please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

What about a black pudding stuffing? See the black pudding thread for recommendations on the nicest one to use!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Cream cheese and spinach is one.

Plain old ham and cheddar is another.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Recliner

reap-a-rat wrote: »
    What about a black pudding stuffing? See the black pudding thread for recommendations on the nicest one to use!

Unfortunately, I can't entertain black pudding.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Recliner

Cream cheese and spinach is one.

Plain old ham and cheddar is another.

I think the cream cheese and spinach could be a runner. She's not the most adventurous of eaters but I know she would eat pasta with that filling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭con747

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement