Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chromecast issues

Options
  • 04-01-2021 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭

Been having nothing but hassle with my second gen Chromecast lately. The frequent dropouts while casting were annoying enough but now I can't use it at all. Tried so many restarts of my phone, my router, forget and re-add the WiFi, forget and re-add the Chromecast, factory resets on the Chromecast but to no avail.

The Chromecast is on, it's setup via the Home app but the Home app fails to find it after setup so at the moment all my Chromecast is good for is displaying pretty ambient pictures.

Anyone dealt with similar? Or had enough and moved on to another alternative?

Edit: forgot to add that I'm casting from an S20 Ultra if that has any bearing on it.

Advertisement