Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rad cold at bottom

Options
  • 03-01-2021 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,487 ✭✭✭✭

Recently the rad in one bedroom is only getting warm on top and the towel rack in the bathroom beside it is not heating up at all. I'm lead to believe that the cold on the bottom is sludge or a blockage. Could that be stopping the bathroom rad heating at all?

I was thinking of taking off the radiator and try washing it out with the hose?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,487 ✭✭✭✭guil

Around the time I noticed the problem I had got an engineer out because the boiler wouldn't fire all the time and has never been serviced in the 7 years I'm living here.

Photocell was gone and he said the boiler is leaking and needs to be replaced. I asked about the stat setting and he turned it down. Could that be the cause of the bedroom rad not heating fully?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

If the system is leaking water then your cold rads are full or half full of air. You'll need identify how to top up your system with water and then bleed the air from the rads. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,487 ✭✭✭✭guil

Sorry when I said leak, I meant the door on the boiler as opposed to a water leak. I've tried bleeding all the rads and nothing but water comes out.

Advertisement