Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water problem

Options
  • 03-01-2021 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi all,

bit of an odd one here. I run the boiler for heat and hot water and have hot water at very high temperature. I turn down the boiler thermostat to the lowest possible and the hot water is still very hot. That is not ideal but dont know what the solution might be. Anyone has any suggestions?

An other problem is that my mains cold water is cut off by the local water company for overnight repairs but it leaves me unable to run any hot water from the hot water taps anywhere in the house. When the mains water is turned on in the morning i am able to run the hot water again.Again, any suggestions for a fix?

Regards all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,774 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

What country is this happening in?

It sounds like your hot water cylinder is plumbed directly to the incoming supply.

This combined with the water being very hot could be a reason for great concern. I would suggest that you make sure there is no electrical heat being applied to the cylinder and they you should run off hot water to cool things down. You should get a plumber to look as soon as possible.

There is a possibility that this is quite a serious situation and I would proceed with extreme caution. The risk is that in the worst scenario steam could emerge from your taps or showers, causing serious injury.

Can you tell more about the components in your system (tanks, pumps, boilers, cylinders, etc) and on what level of your home they are located? This will increase the chance of a helpful answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

HPMan wrote: »
    Hi all, bit of an odd one here. I run the boiler for heat and hot water

Are you using a Gas Combi Boiler? If so, which make and model is it?
    If you are not sure, Do you have a Hot Water Storage Cylinder / Tank?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,206 ✭✭✭ongarite

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Are you using a Gas Combi Boiler? If so, which make and model is it?
    If you are not sure, Do you have a Hot Water Storage Cylinder / Tank?

He had previous thread nearly year ago with same issue:
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058060429/1/#post112777890

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

ongarite wrote: »
    He had previous thread nearly year ago with same issue:
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058060429/1/#post112777890

Well spotted!

Advertisement