Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What To Ask For When Buying Blanks

Options
  • 03-01-2021 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

I've recently had a new sink fitted and I had a blockage. I tried to use a plunger and water came out under the sink. When I checked, I saw that there are 2 connections on the waste pipe. One is connected to the dishwasher but the other is not connected to anything (see attached photo) and I need to buy a blank. I also need to buy a brass blank for a shutoff valve (see photo).

I have no idea what to ask for and also what size to get. Can you help me with what size I should ask for or how the size is determined (what should I measure to get size for blanks). Also, should I ask for rubber washers as well, or does that come with the blanks?

Tommy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭jimf

show this photo to the lads in your plumbers suppliers they will know what to give you

cant see why you need a blank for the valve on the right as the valve in the off position should suffice

Advertisement