Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goals for 2021

Options
  • 03-01-2021 1:08am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I haven't seen a thread for this year yet. What are your plans?
    Lose the covid stone?
    Move job?
    Get a job?
    Study/self improvement?

I am not going to make annual goals this year as I am just setting myself up for a further year of disappointment so instead I am looking at month by month.

January -
    run at least 5km every day
    do press ups and sit ups each day building up to 50 p ups and 100 s ups (is that too little?).
    Starting the year at 79 kg or just under 12.5 stone in old money. That is a bit heavy for me as a good weight would be 75 or 76 kgs.
    Cutting out sugar and junk food for Jan too.
    Have not decided yet on alcohol but may just cut out beer (I am only a 3 or 4 bottles a week person anyway so not a big deal).

I will see how I am looking at the end of Jan.

Really want to exceed 1,000 miles running in 2021. I did it in 2019 and 2018 but failed in 2020 for various reasons.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058145621/1/#post115763826

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,493 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Relax more.
    Less stress.
    Enjoy good food and drink.
    Play as much golf as I can if they’d only open the bloody clubs.
    Spend more time with my grandkids too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Stigura

A Raven :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

My major goal for last year was to get more sociable. I was looking to take up some hobby or sport that would allow me meet people. Of course Covid pretty much stopped that in its tracks.

So hopefully towards the later end of this year I can progress that a bit.

I definitely need to do more exercise as well but need to think of some achievable, specific goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

My major goal for last year was to get more sociable. I was looking to take up some hobby or sport that would allow me meet people. Of course Covid pretty much stopped that in its tracks.

So hopefully towards the later end of this year I can progress that a bit.

I definitely need to do more exercise as well but need to think of some achievable, specific goals.

If you have a bike just get out and start cycling. See how far you can go day one and build from there. Very quickly you'll be able to do longer distances and really build up your aerobic fitness.

If you don't have a bike or don't want to cycle just get out walking. Bring headphones to listen to music / podcasts, wrap up well and again soo how you go day one and build from there.

As long as you're getting your heart rate elevated for >30 minutes a day you'll be doing more than a heck of a lot of people.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I was actually going to the gym and starting to miss it now which seems perverse.

Main goal would be to find a job. I'm into the last 18 months of my current contract but fancy a career change to something else. No idea what or when I'll even be able to leave this country (UK) but we'll see.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 9 Aw Noice

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I haven't seen a thread for this year yet. What are your plans?
    Lose the covid stone?
    Move job?
    Get a job?
    Study/self improvement?

I am not going to make annual goals this year as I am just setting myself up for a further year of disappointment so instead I am looking at month by month.

January -
    run at least 5km every day
    do press ups and sit ups each day building up to 50 p ups and 100 s ups (is that too little?).
    Starting the year at 79 kg or just under 12.5 stone in old money. That is a bit heavy for me as a good weight would be 75 or 76 kgs.
    Cutting out sugar and junk food for Jan too.
    Have not decided yet on alcohol but may just cut out beer (I am only a 3 or 4 bottles a week person anyway so not a big deal).

I will see how I am looking at the end of Jan.

Really want to exceed 1,000 miles running in 2021. I did it in 2019 and 2018 but failed in 2020 for various reasons.
    l]

Wouldn't it better to research an exercise plan and follow it rather trying to do an arbitrary number of push ups and sit ups every day?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Aw Noice wrote: »
    Wouldn't it better to research an exercise plan and follow it rather trying to do an arbitrary number of push ups and sit ups every day?

Probably but it's better than doing nothing.

Probably but it's better than doing nothing.

True. But you can easily finds plans online. Maybe find one you like and try it? I think doing huge numbers of sit ups etc every day would be pointless but I am not an expert.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Aw Noice wrote: »
    True. But you can easily finds plans online. Maybe find one you like and try it

No thanks.

Any goals yourself?

No thanks.

Any goals yourself?

No need for that. Just offering friendly advice is all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement