Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox one X installation stopped Minecraft

• 02-01-2021 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Hi, have an XBOX One X. My son had a Minecraft installed and working for a year it then stopped working so he uninstalled it and tried to reinstall it from the library under owned games but it just keeps saying installatiion stopped when try to install. Only used local xbox hard drive at this stage.
    Have tried the following:
    - Backed up my settings to external hard drive
    - RESET and keep my games and apps - get same error messgae when try to reinstall
    - Copied all my games to external hard drive (default location now for games)
    - did a Reset and remove everything - get same error messgae when try to reinstall
    - In Library under owned apps get same error message if tey to install spotify or twitch.
    - Went to Store and was able to download free trial of watch dogs 2
    - No system updates required and tried hard reset as well.

Has anyone seen this before? Grateful for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭Talisman

We had the same issue with Totally Accurate Battle Simulator and Minecraft before Christmas. Our working solution was to remove the external hard drive which was the default installation location. Afterwards we installed the game on the internal hard drive and then moved it to the external drive.

It was a few infuriating weeks until we accidentally stumbled upon this, swapping the installation location without removing the drive hadn't worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭goalie2

Talisman wrote: »
    We had the same issue with Totally Accurate Battle Simulator and Minecraft before Christmas. Our working solution was to remove the external hard drive which was the default installation location. Afterwards we installed the game on the internal hard drive and then moved it to the external drive.

It was a few infuriating weeks until we accidentally stumbled upon this, swapping the installation location without removing the drive hadn't worked.

Internal hard drive was original default before the issue. Changed to external before wiped internal. Changed back just now to internal hard drive but still get same error message. Right pain this is. Seems to be something with the library as can download and install free trial games.

Advertisement